- Prepare surface by thoroughy cleaning with an ammonia or alcohol based glass cleaner. Vinyl will not adhere to dusty, oily or freshly waxed surfaces.
- Cut vinyl to shape and use a squeegee or credit card to rub the applicator sheet into the viewable side of the vinyl.
- Tape the vinyl in place using masking tape as a hinge to ensure proper placement.
- Flip the vinyl out of the way, remove the protective sheet and spray surface and vinyl with a fine mist of water.
- Flip the vinyl onto the wet surface and check for proper alignment. Vinyl may be removed and repositioned on a wet surface multiple times during the initial application process.
- Once desired placement has been achieved, use a squeegee or credit card to rub out all water and air bubbles. If possible, rub in a single direction from left to right or from top to bottom. For larger applications, rub from the center to the edges.
- After rubbing out all water and air bubbles, slowly remove applicator sheet. If vinyl lifts from surface, repeat step 6. Vinyl won’t stick when wet, so all moisture must be rubbed out before removing sheet.
- Dab area with paper towel or cotton rag to press down all edges, remove excess water and speed up drying process.
- Move vehicle into garage or carport overnight to reduce moisture. Do not run windshield wipers or wash vinyl for 24 to 72 hours to make sure glue cures and bonds with surface.
The latest Trunk Monkey videos, news, and buzz!